I write Christian fiction with an occasional devotional.
If you’re here on my site, you probably already know that about me. ^_^
In case you’re wondering what I believe, I thought I’d share some of the basics. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
- God is holy. (Isaiah 6:3)
- People are not. (Romans 3:23)
- God’s word is authoritative and infallible. (2 Peter 1:19-21, Psalm 19:7, Proverbs 30:5)
- God’s Son, Jesus, being both wholly divine and wholly human (That part’s complicated, I know, but it’s important.) lived a perfect and sinless life. (John 1:1, 14, 2 Corinthians 5:21)
- Because Jesus had no sin in Him, He was able to pay the debt caused by our sin, ultimately creating a bridge between our unholiness and God’s holiness. (1 John 5:11-12)
- When we accept Christ as our Savior, we are adopted into God’s family. We become co-heirs with Christ, children of God. (John 1:12, Romans 8:17)
- In Christ, we have hope in every situation we face, no matter how dire it may seem at the time. In Christ, we have the promise of His eternal presence, but we also have the here-and-now promise that He will walk each step with us; will encourage, uplift, and strengthen us; and will never leave or abandon us. (John 17:3, 1 John 5:13, Matthew 28:20, Philippians 4:13)
- Once we have accepted Christ, we are, among other things, compelled to live for Him and not for ourselves. That can be a long process – a journey even. (Colossians 2:6-7, Hebrews 12:1-2, Ephesians 3:16-19)